Centenary shield carved 1933, Hutchins School, Hobart


Hutchins School centenary shield

Hutchins School centenary shield

DB48

The Centenary Shield was carved by Nellie and first presented by the Parents’ Association in 1933 for the champion house in football.  It became the permanent trophy of School Houses (as the House with the most wins by the School’s Centenary year of 1946, and is now housed in the Hutchins School Museum.

Margaret Mason-Cox – Hutchins archivist