Dower chest for Miss Grace Dangar. Carved 1914.
- Grace Gladys Dangar born 29/3/1886 in Singleton, NSW, died 27/7/1964 in Brisbane, Queensland.
- Father Albert Augustus Dangar, mother Mary Phoebe Dangar (née Rouse).
- Siblings Rodney R Dangar of Baroona, Norman N Dangar of Palmerston, Armidale, Capt Clive Gostwyck of Uralla, Maud of Baroona and Grace of Baroona.
- Grace became engaged on 25/7/1914 to Roy Mackenzie Bell(1885-1953) of Pickering, Musselbrook. He was the long time manager of Baroona, then bought a property in Queensland, Eskdale South Station.
- Grace and Roy Bell were married on 22/7/1915 at All Saints church, Singleton, NSW. (Assume the dower chest was carved for their wedding).
- They had 1 daughter (Phyllis Dangar Bell) and two sons (Geoffrey Dangar Bell) and another son born 1933 – name not showing.
- Phyllis Dangar Bell was born 1917 and died 2005. She married Geoffrey Peter Willis in 1940 and had 3 sons and 1 daughter – names not showing.
- Geoffrey Dangar Bell was born 11/2/1922 and died 29/9/2010. He married Mary Alice (Molly) Freebody who died 2003. They had 2 sons and 2 daughters. They lived in Miriam Vale, Capricornia, Queensland.
- Their children were John (married Kate) Bell, Rodney (married Anna) Bell, Mimi (married Vince Corry) and Sandie (married Matthew Smith).
- Geoffrey Bell’s grandchildren are Rupert, Gemma, Lucinda,Sam Bell; John and Alice Corry;and Olivia Smith.
We had not been able to contact any of Grace Dangar’s descendants at time of creating this site.
If you have any information regarding this dower chest please inform The Westbury and Districts Historical Society through the contact page.