Gymnasium panelling, The Hutchins School, Hobart. Carved 1934.
This was carved by Nellie for the Macquarie Street gymnasium in 1934.
Apollo – Hutchins Magazine – page 300
“Significantly damaged by the depredations of generations of enthusiastic sportsmen, the panelling was saved from destruction at the local tip by the keen eye of Board Chairman, John Bennett. A few restored panels were installed in the Board Room, while the remnants of others, along with the brass name plaques, were incorporated in the Old Boys’ Lodge display cabinet, presented in 1997 (now housed in the School Museum).